Disney English Foreign Trainer
at Disney English in Wuhan
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling with breakthrough teaching methodology to spark a child’s passion for learning English. Since the opening of our flagship center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been delivering an award-winning curriculum based on innovative technologies and beloved Disney characters to children throughout China. With an interactive learning process that immerses them in their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters, Disney English creates a fun, lively, and effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English invites candidates to make a difference in the life of a child while gaining experience with The Walt Disney Company, a world-class entertainment and technological leader. A unique, life-changing experience, the role of a Foreign Trainer with Disney English could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Foreign Trainer will instruct children aged 2-12 at Disney English Language Learning Centers in China during a 12 to 15 month contract. Trainers will deliver innovative and immersive Disney programming to children in an energetic, passionate manner to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience. The Foreign Trainer reports to the Language Learning Director (LLD) in the Disney English Language Learning Center.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver Disney English interactive, scripted content using multimedia materials and a variety of audio-visual aids
• Use immersive learning techniques such as story-telling, singing, dialogue and role playing in conjunction with formal exercises to deliver curriculum
• Interact with both parents and learners in a way that makes language learning fun, engaging and educational
• Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports
• Partner with local Assistant Trainers to maintain strong communication with parents through the Teacher/Parent Portal
• Participate in Center promotional and social events as needed
• Ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end as scheduled
• Prepare print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each class
• Collect audio & visual portfolio evidence of language learner work during lessons
• Provide private lessons as required due to learner absences or for learners that are falling behind
• Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent learner and classroom management issues
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Native English speaker
• 24 months of post-bachelor’s teaching experience with students/children in an educational, recreational or camp setting. Within this experience, a minimum of 12 months of consecutive employment is required.
• A passion for children and their development
• Ability to command the attention of large groups of children in an engaging manner
• Energetic, enthusiastic approach to delivering content to learners
• Flexible to change
• Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
• Customer-service oriented with strong problem solving skills
• Ability to relocate to China for a 12 to 15-month contract
• Ability to function under stressful circumstances
• Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
• Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification
• Familiarity and comfort with traveling internationally
• International study or work abroad experience
• Willingness to experience new cultures
• Familiarity/affinity with the Disney brand
Benefits and Considerations*
• A competitive salary
• Training and performance bonuses
• TEFL Certification Assistance
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Minimum 40 hour work week (20-24 hours actual teaching) including evenings and weekends
• Paid sick and vacation time, plus 11 Chinese national holidays
• Short-term lodging and a continuing housing allowance
• Paid airfare to China and a travel stipend toward return trip
• Visa document assistance
• Rosetta Stone license
*Benefits subject to change.
Various locations include: Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou, Chengdu, Ningbo, Tianjin, Nanjing, Dalian, Wuhan, and Hangzhou.
Learn more and apply at our website:
Recent jobs at Disney English