Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ)
at PromoteMyCity in Hangzhou
PMC, a tourism marketing and consulting firm located in Hangzhou, China, is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ) to be part of our field team. This position will consist of travelling to Chinese cities to capture interesting stories about legends, myths, festivals, traditions and artisans. Stories will be accompanied with professional photographs and posted on websites and various social media platforms
The MMJ must be an innovative and creative thinker who isn’t afraid to jump into the mix by making recommendations, offering new ideas and asking questions.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to research targeted cities in advance of projects, visiting destinations. and seeking out interviews to capture the most fascinating legends, myths, stories and artisans for the area. Many of the most interesting stories are not always written down, especially in English. The MMJ will then compile articles that will interest our readers and visitors to generate further interest in a destination.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related area required
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Journalism
- Experience as amateur photographer
- Have professional photography grade equipment
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling and rules of composition
- Must have laptop and advanced knowledge of computers and software systems including Microsoft Office products and the Internet
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and with other team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be flexible and desire travel
- Proficiency in Mandarin is required
Recent jobs at PromoteMyCity