This job ad has been posted over 90 days ago...
Senior Vice President of Engineering and Manufacturing - Asia
at Spiral Toys (Anywhere)
Title: Senior Vice President of Engineering and Manufacturing - Asia
Location: Hong Kong China with travel to Guangzhou, Dongguan & Shenzhen
Spiral Toys LLC is currently recruiting for a Senior Vice President of Engineering and Manufacturing located in Hong Kong and can travel within China. This position requires a minimum of 8 years of technical program management, QA experience and requires functional management, or technical leadership experience.
Responsible for managing diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities from inception through completion and ensuring that assigned programs meet cost, schedule, and contractual requirements. This person will serve as the primary contact to the manufacturer for program activities, including researching and identifying potential manufacturing partners, review meetings, quality assurance. Manages development and delivery of program acquisitions from initial planning pre-RFP through contract award. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements, specifications, operating budgets and financial terms / conditions of the contract.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Source, Hire and Manage a small team of engineers for Spiral product development and manufacturing.
• Assume ownership and accountability for assigned programs to ensure program execution meets Spiral Toys expectations and schedules while meeting budget and timeline commitments.
• Manage 3rd party manufacturing teams in the planning and execution of consumer electronics programs.
• Develop project schedules, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance company requirements.
• Identify and report program risks and opportunities, develop plans to those risks, and oversee the mitigation plans.
• Demonstrate relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills to provide supervision, guidance and task assignments to manufacturing partners.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to function in high pressure and short-turnaround situations.
• Manage and communicate program budget, program status, issues and concerns to internal and external development.
• Act as a liaison between operations and other administrative support organizations on financial and delivery issues.
• Interfaces with subcontractors and vendors and performs extensive investigations as required.
• Ensure compliance with Company procedures, such as local government regulations, FCC, safety testing and program plan requirements.
• Clearly communicate program status, finances, risk, and schedule to internal stakeholders
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Computer Science, MBA required from a United States university preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 8 years of technical program management, functional management, or technical leadership required.
• Must be proficient in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Previous experience in toy or IOT industry preferred
This is senior management position. Candidate will be a senior member of the Spiral management team. Spiral Toys offers competitive salary as well as equity within the company.
Principles only, no recruiters.
Please send resume to: