This job ad has been posted over 90 days ago...
Head of Operations China, Guangdong Region
at Korn/Ferry Futurestep in Dongguan, Guangdong Province
Our client is a US company that produces custom stuffed animals. They are recently been featured on CNN, USA Today, Buzzfeed, DailyMail, Uproxx, Gizmodo and several other international digital publications causing their sales to grow rapidly. They are in need of a seasoned Head of Operation who can take production to the next level.
• Capacity management – increase capacity, find ideal mix of each workstation for ideal throughput
• Process analysis and improvement/optimization
• Implement processes to gain efficiencies as a whole and in each workstation
• Develop methods for quality assurance checks and accountability on an individual and team level
• Develop strategic plan around seasonal swings in orders/capacity – e.g. Holiday/Christmas planning, Chinese New Year, etc.
• Support budgeting/forecasting processes on a regular basis to set goals and ensure performance to commitments
• Be highly involved in procurement of materials and component parts
Staffing and Training
• In charge of recruiting, hiring and onboarding activities
• Manage and plan organizational structure
• Implement training programs and develop standard operating procedures and best practices
• Lead team to achieve operational goals in safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity and output
• Develop quarterly and annual plans which include strategies and tactics to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement
• Cultivate a “work family” - a work atmosphere dedicated to achieving results and maintaining high morale
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Must be bi-lingual and proficient at English to Mandarin translation (writing and speaking)
• Have professional business experience in process engineering as it pertains to manufacturing
• 3 t0 5 years of experience managing others in China
• Have experience with up-to-date communication methods (e.g. Skype, GoToMeeting, We Chat)
• Self-starter, with good problem-solving skills; able to be an effective leader in a bi-lingual, multicultural environment