Head of Finance and Administration - Kuoni Destination Management China
at Kuoni Destination Management (Beijing) Ltd. in Beijing
Kuoni is a leading global travel and destination management services company. Kuoni aims to be a trusted partner for people all over the world – in direct customer contact for holidays, and as a business partner for providers and resellers of destination services. More than 12,000 employees in more than 80 countries on 5 continents work hard to realise this aim.
The head office of Kuoni is in Zurich, Switzerland, where Alfred Kuoni founded the company back in 1906.
In the premium and specialist segment, Kuoni is a leading provider. Kuoni aims to be not only the leading but also the most successful and most internationally-established tourist travel company in this business segment.
Kuoni Destination Management China started operations in 2006 and in the last few years, it has become a well-established Destination Management Company offering services in China.
With a team of 40 employees, we operate a wide range of tours all over China for individual travellers (tailor-made) or groups, excursions, seat-in-coach tours in different languages, cruises on the Yangtze river, and much more. Our staff speaks different languages such as English, French and Spanish.
Upon receiving a request, our dedicated Meetings and Incentives department works on a detailed proposal offering different options for accommodation, meeting facilities, event organization, dinner options or excursions. We work with carefully selected suppliers all over China and offer a fleet of cars and vehicles of different sizes, be it luxurious vans, comfortable minibuses or modern coaches. Kuoni Destination Management China also offers hotel rates with over 700 properties in China.
or our main offices based in Beijing we are currently looking to recruit a
Head of Finance and Administration – Kuoni Destination Management China
In this challenging role you will be managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting system including P&L, balance sheet, investments, etc. and lead the local Finance, IT & HR team.
Your main tasks & responsibilities include:
- Supervising Finance & Accounting department at KDM China (5 Staff)
- Deputy of Managing Director KDM China
- Manage budget process, including periodic forecasting
- Ensure accurate, complete & timely financial and management reporting, including balance sheet control and interpreting financial information (Controlling)
- Treasury & Working Capital Management (Cash Flows) – authorization of weekly electronic and manual payments, liaison with bankers, managing cash/FX requirements
- Risk management and continuous review of all finance policies & internal control procedures
- Accountability for all tax matters – Corporate Tax, VAT, Withholding Tax
- Responsibility for periodic/annual audit performed by external auditors
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation – legal compliance
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis from time to time, to assist management in evaluating profitability of income streams, and potential for cost efficiencies
- Responsible for IT (2 Staff)
- Responsible for HR (1.5 Staff)
- General administration tasks
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Postgraduate with a degree in Finance or similar * At least 3 years experience in Finance on mid management level e.g. supervisor
- Good Knowledge in Finance, Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting as well as Cash Flow Management and Tax Principles preferably gained within Kuoni Group
- Proficiency in MS office and Accounting Software
- Experience in preparing month-end closings and submitting management reports
- Experience with Hyperion
- Strong attention to details and an investigative nature
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced leadership & people management skills
- The ability to work as part of an international team and to build strong working relationships
- Willingness to integrate into a different culture and at the same time be able to teach local staff new skills
- Fluency in English (writing and speaking)
- Prepared to travel locally and regionally
Please apply here